Thursday, January 28, 2010

MDSSC - Winter Flag Football Week 6

Okay Jay... here you go. Sorry for the lack of reading material for you guys this week but I got to go see Kobe dominate the Wizzers on Tuesday and just didn't have time. So let's get right to it. 

Unofficial Scores (not confirmed with Mike):
Danger (3-2) vs Black Panthers (0-5): Danger won 30-20... Danger is keeping their hopes alive with this win. Three tough games to end the season.
I said: Danger -12
All Madden (4-1) vs The Untouchables (5-0): The Untouchables remained unbeaten in a thrashing of All Madden.. They handled us on both sides of the ball. They forced turnovers and scored on every possession. I don't remember the score (40 something to 15) but I do know that we were humbled. 
I didn't say:
Mayhem (3-1) vs LBH2 (2-3): Contrary to the moves that  LBH2's quarterback puts on guys (see above), they just couldn't move the ball on Mayhem and couldn't stop them. Mayhem won this one easy by 3-4 TD's. LBH2 and Showime will have an interesting battle next week (2/6).
I said: Mayhem -4
Money (3-1) vs Fuzion (3-1): Man-oh-man....Money had this game in the bag. This was one of the only games I got to watch on Saturday. Some video is coming soon but I had technical difficulties. Money jumped out quick forcing a few turnovers and going deep on some big plays to grab a 21-0 lead. They gave up a score before half and then I don't know what happened. The only thing I saw was that Money had to punt at least 3 times in the 2nd half and Fuzion didn't. Fuzion won 27-21. John don't forget #11 and that kid (#77) from the Express. They are...well Money. 
I said: Fuzion -3
Jacked Up (3-1) vs Revolution (0-4): The schneid continued. Jacked up moved into typical late season form, setting themselves up to be in the playoffs and a threat to everyone. Unfortunately, it looks like the Revolution we have known for years seems to have fallen right before our eyes similar, to No Response. Jacked Up won 21-6.
I said: Jacked Up -4
Victors (3-1) vs Jumpoff (0-4): Jumpoff made this an interesting game. They jumped up 14-0 on the Victors early and looked to be in control of this game. The Victors couldn't stop them and couldn't score...That was the first half. I think the Victors scored before the half but that detail doesn't matter. Jumpoff didn't score until the last few seconds of the game. Victors won 28-20 after settling in on offense as they typically do. Great showing by Jumpoff, except for one late turnover that could have helped them seal it.
I said: Victors -16
Jacked up (3-1) vs Com'On Man (0-4): Jacked up won... 

Pro and Semi-Pro scores I received:
First from a guest writer:
By Bobby Curran, Quarterback, Beltway Bombers
Beltway - 48
Movement - 20
The game started with a good defensive stand by Movement and a solid punt return. The Bombers were able to stop the Movement drive and put a few scoring drives together to go into halftime with a lead. Movement came out strong in the second half putting up 2 TD's out of the gate, but Beltway was able to respond with a big 4th down TD play. After a few more back and forth field position battles, Beltway was able to seal the deal late, winning the game 48-20. 
I said: Beltway -3
Thanks Bobby!
Other scores: Hit Squad handled Go For Broke 45 to 13
Semi-Pro: Closet Flags (Greatest name in the league) edged out Crab Cakes 19-12 in the final seconds. Liquid Courage also edged out Each Hit and Die (also one of the Greatest names in the league) 35-33...we might have a Quarterback controversy. 

THIS WEEKS GAMES: 
I realize every week that I write way too much. I hope that some of you enjoy it. Also, I apologize to Mayhem...I have no idea where I got Pain instead of LBH2. 

8:00am
Black Panthers (0-4) vs LBH2 (2-3): This game should be a good chance for LBH to get back to .500. I have heard that the Panthers have the talent but lack the organization. Keep at it men...it can't get any worse.
I say: LBH2 -10
9:15am
Pain (2-2) vs Victors (3-1): This flag football game should be interesting. The Victors messed around last week and almost lost. Pain made it to the title game last season but has been up and down this winter. With the talent and physical play of the Victors  I am leaning towards them. The key is whether Pain's QB can throw as well as he can run.
I say: Victors -6
10:30am:
All Madden (4-1) vs Rezurrection (0-3): All Madden was humbled last week, as I stated earlier. This week they will be out ready to play and get back to winning. Rezurrection will have their say...I don't have much to go on, they lost to Untouchables 18-6 and to Mayhem... The key to this game is: Who can force a turnover? 
Yes this is a challenge to my team. No spread for my own games... but we better not LOSE!!!
11:45am:
Danger (3-2) vs Mayhem (3-1): I am going to stick around for this football game, even if it is 20 degrees. This is an interesting match-up. Danger is a scrappy bunch and Mayhem is methodical on offense but not so much on defense. The key to this game is whether Danger can keep up. I know Brandon is going to hate this but I am tossing it up to the vets.
I say: Mayem -2
1:00pm: 
Jacked Up (3-1) vs Money (3-1): Another age old flag football match-up. Jacked Up is a physical bunch that actually may have roster issues...in a good way; they have 16 guys on their squad. Money could be 4-0 right now but lost a tough one. The key this week is whether they can keep it together and not turn on John. Win as a team lose as a team... However, you have to throw it to Howley to have a shot. As for JU...Ryan is playing good and Jacked Up's Defense looked solid last week. I say their winning continues.
I say: JU -4
2:15pm:
Showtime (3-1) vs Untouchables (5-0): After experiencing their winning ways first hand last week, I must say that the Untouchables are a surprising bunch. You can't overlook that they won the fall season and are 5-0 this time around. They are a good football squad, as is Showtime.. However, Showtime's wins are over Panthers, Com'On Man and a QB-less Danger. 
I say: Untouchables -16
2:15pm:
Fuzion (3-1) vs Com'On Man (0-4): Jay, I know you want a decent write up.. see above for you awesome win over Money. However, here, I will just say: don't run the score up... Com'On Man was thrown into All-Pro in their first year and it is a tough uphill battle. They have some good guys on their squad but just aren't ready yet. 
I say: Fuzion -21
3:30pm:
Revoluton (0-4) vs Jumpoff (0-4): Well there is one positive thing I can say about this flag football game... someone is going to be in the win column on Sunday! Jumpoff changed their strategy last week. Joe (Mr. Hands) took over defensive play calling and they looked decent. They also changed some things on offense. Revolution made a change at QB to free up Nick aka Wheels.  This should be interesting.
I say: pick'em
Okay the book is done and it's not even midnight yet. Adding a few pictures in a minute. I will try to take some more this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment