Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Maryland Flag Football - WEEK 4 Updates

I want to get this out of the way to shorten up my Thursday post (not that you guys read the whole damn thing). Every time I finish I feel like it is a freaking book. Hope you guys enjoy it. A few things...I added a video from this last weekend. I am going to try and get some more. Let me know your thoughts. Also, the spring season isn't as far away as you think. Now is the time to start thinking about jerseys for your squad. Get with me now and we can start throwing some mocks together. I created this other blog where I will begin putting designs. You can call me at 877.898.4082x119 or email me at flagfootballmd@yahoo.com. Now, onto the flag football updates from Week 4...


8:00am:
Danger (2-1) vs Showtime (2-1): This was a close game during the first half. Danger's defense was able to get a few takeaways to keep it close. Unfortunately, without their QB at the helm, they just couldn't keep it going. In fairness to Brandon, he did the best he could, but Showtime came out on top. I just don't know the score.
I said: Danger -4


9:15am:
All Madden (3-0) vs LBH2 (2-1): This was a great game of flag football.  It came down to the end after LBH2 scored to make it a five-point game; there just wasn't enough time. The key to this game was 2 turnovers in the 2nd half by LBH2. After giving up consecutive scores in the first, we were able to lock it down, and scored on short fields to go up by 13 before that final score by LBH2. Great game guys!
I said: nothing.


10:30am:
Victors (1-1) vs Com'On Man (0-3): Com'On Man had seven guys show up to play the formidable Victors. On the Victors first play of their first possession, they tossed it to #9 on a fly route to score easily. Besides the two picks that the Victors QB threw (all in fun), the Victors won this one easily.
I said: Victors -18


11:45am:
Fuzion (1-1) vs Jumpoff (0-2): Fuzion covered easily in this 42-6 win.What is going on Jumpoff??
I said: Fuzion -6.5


Untouchables (3-0) vs Black Panthers (0-3): I don't know the score to this one but I heard that the Panthers threw at least 3 pick-6's.. I am sure the Untouchables covered.
**I just want to clarify something. Last week, I said that the Panthers have a lot of 702 guys on there. I was wrong in assuming and stating that. Some guys from 702 helped this team get in the league but that's it.**
Panthers keep your head's up. The All-Pro division has teams that have played together for years. It takes time.
I said: Untouchables -13.5

1:00pm:
Money (3-0)  vs Revolution (0-3): This game didn't happen. It has been rescheduled.


2:15pm:
Mayhem (1-1) vs Rezurrection (0-2): I didn't get to see this game, but it was a one-possession game in the end, with Mayhem winning by 8. 
I said: Mayhem -2


3:30pm: 
Jacked Up (0-1) vs Pain (2-1): The final score of this game was 27-12. Jacked Up got into the win column with a nice defensive effort and Pain was humbly knocked back to .500. The playoffs are going to be interesting this winter. 
I said: Even



There it is folks, your Tuesday update from last weekend. I will try to do this by Tuesday every week, and as always, have the main post on Thursday night sometime. 

Final thoughts:
Looking at the Standings, there could easily be a normal playoff contender watching from the sidelines this season. With only four teams from each division making it to the flag football dance, every game matters. Just something to think about.


ACC:

Money: 3-0
Pain: 2-2
Victors: 2-1
Fuzion: 2-1
Jacked Up: 1-1


PAC-8:
Untouchables: 4-0
All Madden: 4-0
Showtime: 3-1
LBH2: 2-2
Danger: 2-2
Mayhem: 2-1


#32

1 comment:

  1. Next time the Ravens make the playoffs and my QB goes and misses a game, the arm will be ready lol.

    ReplyDelete