Friday, January 15, 2010

Okay Okay... I'm Back. Let's Talk Flag Football!

First off, I apologize for being absent over the last month. I hope everyone had a good holiday season and a good start to the New Year. The season started off rocky with postponements and cancellations but we are rolling now. 

So, since I have been out of it for a while...here's how the All-Pro season looks right now:


There are three undefeated teams left: All Madden, Money and the Untouchables. They are all at 3-0. Pain, Danger, Showtime and LBH2 are all 2-1.. Overall things are pretty even across the board in both the ACC and the Pac-8. So Let's just recap the last week or two. 


Two flag football games were pretty intriguing in week 2 on 1/2. One was the The Untouchables vs LBH2 and the other was the surprising Danger vs Rezurrection flag football game. The Untouchables won their flag football game 20-0.. The crazy thing about this game is that the Untouchables QB threw 5 picks and they still shut out LBH2. I didn't get to see the game but I have to imagine that the blistering cold/wind had a lot to do with this game. The other was the up and coming Danger squad and their second test in All-Pro. They made the jump from semi-pro to All-pro. They said screw Pro we are playing big time. Well they are 2-1 with a nice comeback win against Rezurrection and a handling of Pain in week 1. 


Last week, there were a few good flag football games and a few surprising ones. I will just run down the line. 


Jacked Up (0-1) vs Fuzion (1-1): Fuzion won by a score of 33-14. This was Jacked Up's first game of the season and Fuzion's second. Seems like there may be a little rust to knock off for Jacked Up but after years past a loss really means nothing to them right now. Fuzion was able to get a win in after losing to Mayhem in week 1.


Victors (1-1) vs Revolution (0-3): The Victors got in the win column in dominating fashion (45-6). I don't know what is going on with Nick and the Revolution but for the sake of competition I hope they straighten it out...the league needs Revolution this flag football season!! 


Com'On Man (0-3) vs Pain (2-1): Com'On Man is new to the league and they look young. They scored for the first time this season but lost to Pain 40-6. Keep your heads up guys.. Be pissed at Mike for putting you in All-Pro where almost every team has played together in this league for at least 3-4 seasons, if not years. 


Money (3-0) vs Jumpoff (0-2): Money finished the easy part of their schedule winning 20-8. Now we will find out if John still has it in him to keep this run going. I haven't seen Jumpoff play yet this season But they faced Untouchables and Money... It doesn't get any easier this week. 


Black Panthers (0-3) vs Showtime (2-1): This was a lopsided flag football victory for Showtime. They won 42-12. The Panthers are another new team to the league. I heard a lot of their guys were from 702. Unfortunately, they haven't found their rhythm yet. Hopefully things will get better in their first season. 


All Madden (3-0) vs Mayhem (1-1): I am on All Madden now so I will just state the facts instead of opinion. We got up quick after two turnovers by Mayhem.. They scored once in the first half and once in the second. Final score 40-12. Mayhem has won 5 championships so I don't see this derailing them but this was a hell of a win for us! 


LBH2 (2-1) vs Danger (2-1): Danger was finally humbled. They ran into LBH2 and just couldn't score enough. The final score was 33-21. Danger might be a team to keep your eye on this flag football season.


Untouchables (3-0) vs Rezurrection (0-2): Untouchables won 18-6. Didn't see this game but the Untouchables are the reigning champs from the Fall and they haven't lost since 11/4/09 when they lost to All Madden. 


This week's QUICK HITS:
But first... Thank you to Fuzion, All Madden, Victors, Revolution (they brought AGame to the league first), Jacked Up, Spartans, Beltway Bombers, Danger and soon to be WTF!? for wearing AGameTeam Jerseys. For those of you that want to look as good as these squads (especially since I heard t-shirts weren't available this year) give me a call (877.898.4082x107) or email me williammcginnis@agameteam.com for more information. Okay enough with the shameless plugging...



8:00am - Danger (2-1) vs Showtime (2-1): This should be a good match up. Showtime has one bad loss and their two wins are over two win-less teams. Danger beat Pain and Rezurrection before losing to LBH2. I say: 
Danger (-4)


9:15am - LBH2 (2-1) vs All Madden (3-0): This should be a good test for us. LBH2 has a speedy QB that likes to throw on the run. I don't like to put spreads on my own games.... I will just say this should be a good game..(Sorry to the guys on my team that want to see a pick.)


10:30am - Victors (1-1) vs Com'On Man (0-3): Victors -18. Sorry Com'On Man... you have a tough road ahead. 


11:45am - Jumpoff (0-2) vs Fuzion (1-1): After last weeks win over Jacked Up, Fuzion is starting to feel as confident as they look. Jumpoff has some things to work on.
I say: Fuzion (-6.5)


11:45am - Untouchables (3-0) vs Black Panthers (0-2): This isn't a good match up for a new team. Untouchables are rolling right now. I don't think it stops here. 
I say: Untouchables (-13.5)


1:00pm - Money (3-0) vs Revolution (0-3): Will the real Revolution please stand up? Come to think of it I think Nick is in Florida for the World Championships with the Bengals... If there is a game... 
I say: Money (-8)


2:15pm - Rezurrection (0-2) vs Mayhem (1-1): Jeremy is in Indy hoping the Colts win so he doesn't have to wax his legs and chest. Dave is also in Indy hoping the Ravens win so that his teammate will have to wax his legs and chest and so that the Ravens go to the next round. Hopefully Scott has someone to throw to. 
I say: Mayhem (-2)


3:30pm - Pain (2-1) vs Jacked Up (0-1): This should be a good match up. Both QB's are elusive runners. Jacked Up's QB has a cannon for an arm too. This will come down to who can convert. 
I say: Even


Well that is it.. I know it is a lot to digest. Unfortunately, that is why I can't even imagine covering Pro or Semi-Pro. Looking at the standings.. I like Beltway Bombers and TTB from Pro but there is some talent on Hit Squad and the Movement. This is the Spartans first year playing together and if they get organized they could be dangerous. In Semi-Pro, I like Hit Men, Liquid Courage (shout out to Craig and John) and the Warriors... If anyone wants to give me some insight to the other divisions please shoot me an email or leave a comment.


See you out there on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment