Thursday, January 21, 2010

MDSSC - Winter Flag Football - Week 5



The season continues this week with more great match-ups as usual. I covered the results of last week on Tuesday. You can read that update here

Let's just go right down the line:



8:00am
Danger (2-2) vs Black Panthers (0-4): Danger should get back in the win column this week. Unfortunately, there are two teams that just don't have it together yet, and one of them is the Black Panthers. Give them a few more seasons and they will get it together. They have some decent athletes but just aren't organized. Danger, on the other hand, played a great game without their QB last week but in the end suffered a loss. They are a spry bunch. If they can string some wins together they could be a Jets type team to worry about in the playoffs. It will be tough though...after the Panthers they have Mayhem, All Madden and the Untouchables. This week however:
I say: Danger -12


9:15am
I don't know... Revolution has already played Pain. I found out that Revolution plays Jacked Up at 2:15. See below.


10:30am
All Madden (4-0) vs The Untouchables (4-0): I guess this could be considered one of the flag football games of the week. You have the final two undefeated teams in the Pac-8 going head-to-head for the top spot in the division. Let's just look at facts: The Untouchables have scored 128 points, All Madden: 131. The Untouchables have given up 13...All Madden: 63. Based on raw numbers, the Untouchables have given up only 3.25 points a game. That's not even POSSIBLE! The only common opponent we have is LBH2. Untouchables won 20-0. All Madden won 32-27. I am pretty jacked to play this game on Saturday and I think it will be a great one. I will leave it up to the audience to wonder what the score will be. Only one team will be undefeated on Sunday.
I say: Just watch (Sorry team, put comments if you want.)



11:45am
Mayhem (2-1) vs Pain (2-2): Mayhem got over .500 last week and Pain dropped to .500. This should be a decent game. Pain has a QB that seems to like to run more than throw, but you can't discount his arm completely. Mayhem, well they are Mayhem. They have a potent offense with Scott at the helm. Their defense isn't the same without their sniper, Tim, back at safety. This could lead to a pretty high scoring affair with the last team to have possession winning it. 
I say: Mayhem -4


1:00pm
Money (3-0) vs Fuzion (2-1): This will be the beginning of the tough part of Money's schedule. They had some nice warm-up flag football games to get their feet under them. Fuzion, on the other hand, opened with a loss and have won two convincing games in a row. This game will come down to turnovers. Fuzion has a high flying offense and an up-and-down defense. I haven't seen Money play yet this season so this is a tough one for me...
I say: Fuzion -3


2:15pm
Rezurrection (0-3) vs Showtime (3-1): This is an interesting match-up. Rezurrection is winless (contrary to the website. I don't know how they got a win when they played Mayhem and lost.) Showtime's three wins are over Com'On Man, Black Panthers and a QB-less Danger. Showtime has been around the block and know how to win flag football games. If anything, Rezurrection has a decent defense and if they rattle the QB #22, they may have a chance. 
I say: Showtime -1.5


Also at 2:15
Revolution (0-3) vs Jacked Up (1-1): Man-oh-man...I don't know what to say about this one. I want to say this will be a traditional match-up between these two but I don't know what Revolution team will show up. Jacked Up had a nice win last week after getting beat by 19 against Fuzion. This is the first of two football games for them on Saturday. Until Revolution proves otherwise I imagine the schneid will continue.
I say: Jacked Up -4


3:30pm
Victors (2-1) vs Jumpoff (0-3): Jumpoff will continue their losing streak this week. The Victors should have some of their main guys back from Miami and will give them a full squad. The Jumpoff, however, haven't shown any of the spark that they had a couple of seasons ago. 
I say: Victors -16


Also at 3:30
Com'On Man (0-4) vs Jacked Up (1-1): Com'On Man has had their struggles in their first season in the league.Those struggles won't stop with the physical Jacked Up team next on the schedule.

I say: Jacked Up -16


I want to use a little more space for the Pro league. So I will run through a few games. There are only two undefeated teams left, the Beltway Bombers and TTB. The SEC seems like a pretty even division, as does the WAC. One thing I have to point out though...Beltway has scored 132 points (most in Pro) and given up only 28 (least in Pro). Will we see Beltway in All-Pro in the spring? After that catch and run video last week...maybe. I also think the Hit Squad has the talent to move back up to All Pro in the spring. 

Let's look at some games. 


Beltway (3-0) vs Movement (2-1-1): Movement is such a tricky read. They have the talent and athleticism to be in All Pro but just have never stayed consistently organized. Beltway on the other hand is everything organized. They have their plays memorized and they flock to the ball defensively. Going on that statement...
I say: Beltway -3


TTB (3-0) vs Rusty (2-1): I have to go strictly on paper here. TTB has scored/given up 94/43 - Rusty 116/80.. I don't know if Rusty's record is accurate on the site as they are missing a game on the scores. I think they could be 2-2... 
I say: TTB -3 because of their win over Hit Squad.


Finally, I have one more thing. If you want, email your scores to flagfootballmd@yahoo.com Give me your team name, the team you played and the scores. If you want to provide a write up, great! This goes for all Divisions including All Pro. I will try to get as much information on here. Good luck everyone and see you out there on the fields. 


#32

4 comments:

  1. What happened to this being updated regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... I write every Thursday night at least.. It's not like I am getting paid to do this. However...I will accept any offers. At least post your name Anonymous. Watch for an update tonight...If I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lady actually and I just want to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete