Thursday, August 13, 2009

MDSSC Summer Flag Football Playoffs

Gentlemen, the table is set. The Bracket complete. This weekend is the start of the All-Pro Division playoffs. There were a few great games on Saturday to end the season. Mayhem slipped by Fuzion 48-40 for the #1 spot in the North. Jacked Up was able to get by All-Money 19-18 for the 4th spot in the North. (A little more on this in a minute) Lastly, the Victors almost allowed Jumpoff to end their season with a win, but got it together to win 20-18.

Okay, so in my last post I listed the tiebreakers which showed, based on this last weekend's results, All-Money making it in if it ended up being a three way tie. It appears though that the commish resulted in using strength of schedule as the determining factor instead of Bar Tab. I am sure this was a tough call for the commish as he is on All-Money and I am sure, if anyone goes to the bar consistantly, it would be members of their team. Let me just say this guys, we need to show support for Hightopps. I know that I need to chip in too. They have good food and the atmosphere is pretty cool. Considering our game times though I know it is tough. I propose that Mike get with Hightopps and maybe get us discount cards of some sort to use during the week or something. Let's be honest, Hightopps doesn't open until lunch time, and if you are playing in any game but the noon game, you are more likely to stop at Bob Evans than Hightopps. What say you commish? Just a thought.

Okay, FOOTBALL now. This weekend LBH2 squares off against Fuzion at 11am for a classic re-match. These two who got their starts in the Pro Division and have worked their way into being powers in the All-Pro with LBH2 winning it all in the winter. A lopsided victory by Fuzion (48-24) this season will add to the fire. Unfortunately, LBH2's Quarterback won't be here this weekend so they will have to rely on their back up (Duke) who has a decent arm but based on the loss earlier this season it is hard to tell who will win this one.
Spread: Fuzion -8

The other game this weekend is Untouchables vs Rezurrection at 12:15. If you would have asked me at the beginning of this season who would win this match-up; I would have said Untouchables hands down. Now, I look at these teams and Rezurrection has won 5 straight with only one of those games being a walk against the Best Team. The Untouchables on the other hand have gone 3-2 in their last 5 with 2 of those wins against the Best team and Jumpoff. I will leave it to you but here is the Spread: Rezurrection -6.


Keeping it short this week as I am already late enough with this post. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Fall Season for MDSSC starts soon.
2. A new League its
Reisterstown for those of you guys that want a little more contact. Not sure if it will be on Saturdays or Sundays but I will keep you posted. Either way, you can play in two. I do. Email me if you need help finding a team I can help you get in touch with some of the coaches.
3.
MDFFA starts 9/20. I am playing with the Baltimore Victors in this league and we are looking to capitalize on the momentum we had at th end of the season.
4. I know you guys want to look as good as Revolution, All-Madden, Fuzion, and the Victors... You need jerseys or Uniforms, I can help you out. Email or call me. Check out the
AGame website too.

No comments:

Post a Comment