Thursday, August 20, 2009

MDSSC Flag Football Playoffs in Maryland... Round 1 Week 2

Guys, I am sorry for the delay.. I have been swamped all week. So a here is a brief recap of last week.

Fuzion walloped LBH2 41-14 and move on to the next round. The Untouchables were able to put a stop to Rezurrection's run and take them out 25-19. That must have been a hell of a game. Unfortunately I didn't make it to either last week so I can't write much more than this.

On to this week. Round 1 finishes up with us (No Response) taking on Mayhem in a rematch of a great game earlier in the season. The Victors will take on Jacked Up in a battle that has happened a lot in MDSSC playoffs history.

First, Mayhem beat No Response earlier in the season 36-30 in OT. The great thing...for them; they only had 6 guys to do it. As you can see Mayhem is the favorite but I think that this will be a great game. No Response has made strides towards the end of this season with a big win over the Untouchables and have the team to make it interesting. On the other hand, it is Scott and his crew of misfits that happen to always turn it up a notch in the playoffs.
Mayhem -8

The other first round game is the Victors vs Jacked Up. They also played earlier this season with the Victors coming out on top 35-21. Right now the Victors are playing next level ball. While they almost gave one away in the last week of the season to Jumpoff they seem to be unstoppable. Jacked Up has had an inconsistent season, which unfortunately, I attribute to a bunch of games lumped together (I am assuming at their request). They were able to play their way into the playoffs by slipping past Money 19-18. Unfortunately, I think this is where they stop.
Victors -12

Round 2:
This is hard to write, but due to the fact that all of the games are on Saturday, I might as well throw some predictions out there.

My Personal goal... Beat Mayhem and play Fuzion well enough to beat them.

Fuzion is an enigma to me. They had a big loss to the Victors and Rezurrection and were out scored by Mayhem in a shoot out. They beat LBH2 twice, by big margins, and easily took care of the Untouchables.

If I go on spreads alone here is what I think might happen:
Mayhem beats NR.. Victors beat Jacked Up.

Round 2: Mayhem beats Fuzion and Victors payback the Untouchables

Championship: Honestly, my thoughts are that the Victors are the team to beat this season. They have a great squad and even when Johnny is getting on the ENTIRE teams nerves they still play good as long as they don't turn the ball over and play decent defense. I think Mayhem will score on them easier than most teams. Scott makes quick decisions and is able to read defenses like kids books. The Victors play on talent. I would imagine that the Victors could hold them off and win with a score of 38-36 or something like that.

With respect to all the teams, including my teammates. I am excited about this weekend and look forward to playing. All in all, I hope that no one is injured, Skip and Vito can put up with all the arguing and that we have a great, hopefully dry, day. Good luck everyone and see you on the fields.


**Things to remember:
1. The Fall MDSSC Season starts on September 12th.
2. If you need jerseys for your team, I am your guy. Check out The Victors & Fuzion's jerseys this weekend to see what I am talking about. Or check out AGame's website.
3. A new League its Reisterstown for those of you guys that want a little more contact. Not sure if it will be on Saturdays or Sundays but I will keep you posted. Either way, you can play in two. I do. Email me if you need help finding a team I can help you get in touch with some of the coaches.
4.
MDFFA starts 9/20. I am playing with the Baltimore Victors in this league and we are looking to capitalize on the momentum we had at th end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment