Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MDSSC Flag Football: Week 8 - A week of showdowns leading to the FINAL COUNTDOWN

Okay, so forgive me for the title but I was lacking creativity tonight. However, as the title states, there are a lot of important flag football games this weekend for the MDSSC Fall Season. Some teams have double headers; this is where fatigue could play a factor. So I will just get to it...
 

8:00 AM
Victors (6-0) vs All Madden (5-0): (GAME OF THE WEEK)
There are a lot of factors to this game. Both teams are undefeated as usual to this point but only one will remain that way. There are some inside notes that I have to this game that could play a huge factor. I will just leave you with this: Both teams have QB's that are uber-competitive and athletes around them that are the same way and all of them can play. I am leaving this one at (even)
URGENT... UPDATE: I HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH THE QB OF THE VICTORS AND HERE IS WHAT HE SAID: "THAT THE SPREAD IS DISRESPECTFUL. DO YOU KNOW THAT A JIMMY LUNDQUIST TEAM HAS NEVER BEATEN THE VICTORS? WE WILL WIN BY A TOUCH." WOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. WHAT DO THE READERS THINK? LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND LET ME KNOW.

Hit Squad (2-3) vs Untouchables (4-2): The Untouchables have gone and won 4 football games in a row while the Hit Squad have lost their last 3. This is a tough game to call. They both have lost to the Victors and Pain. I picked Revolution over the Untouchables last week and DJ's Hit Squad needs a win to build their pride up.. I say Untouchables (-4)

Menace (1-5) vs The Movement (2-4): The Movement has scored 32 and given up 115 in their last three football games. If you look at those same three games for Menace they actually gave up virtually the same points. This is a toss up... Menace won their first flag football game and has lost since...and The Movement has lost three in a row. I haven't had the privilege of seeing Menace play but I know the athletes that The Movement has and if they just organize themselves a little they will win. The Movement (-1.5)

9:15 AM
Revolution (2-4) vs No Response (0-5): Okay so my team has officially lost too many winnable games and I think the same thing goes for Nick and the Revolution. We need this win as bad as the Titans do or else I will need to wear Nicks jersey next week. Revolution has a ton of athletes and typically wins on that alone when things go bad. Revolution (-6)

Beltway Bombers (4-1) vs Hit Men (4-1): Beltway is rollin and the Hit Men staggered two weeks ago but took advantage of a 6 man WTF! last week. That's right.. 6 men and they still gave up 26 points. A majority of their points (53) came in the second half when the WTF! QB (Waldo socks that is normally a TD catcher) lost his mojo and threw a couple pick 6's. Now let me say that Hit Men have some good athletes and can move the ball. I say this is a shoot out with the last team to hold the ball winning...Beltway (-3)

Tarheels (2-4) vs Pain (6-2): So, since this is my blog I can add a little personal experience. First, I want to apologize for some of the things that I said. A majority of it was frustration of being 0-5. Pain beat us and that is all there is to it. (Weak side safety.. don't ever call anyone on my squad a clown again...seriously dude.) Still Great game and you guys are legit. As for this game (Tarheels vs Pain) it already happened? Score on the site shows Pain 33-13.. Pain is done for the regular flag football season.


Ok, I realized this might be too much to read..so now quick hits. After my shamless plug of course: 
Shameless Plug: I am the Account Manager here in Maryland for AGame Team Apparel. If you need jerseys or uniforms for this upcoming Winter season, give me a call or email me. Revolution, All Madden, Fuzion and the Victors all sport AGame uniforms. I also created The Flag Football Network...now on to stuff you care about.  
P.S. Once all of the teams have jerseys from AGame.. you won't have to see this anymore. haha 
10:30 AM 
Hit Squad (2-3) vs All Madden (5-0):  All Madden (-8)

Warriors (1-4)  vs WTF! (4-2): WTF!: 235 points, most by any team so far this season. WTF! (-14)

Able Danger (5-1) vs Circus Show (1-4): Able is number 1 in their division. Their only L came at the hands of WTF! early in the season. Circus has lost 4 in a row... Able Danger (-18)

11:45 AM
Beltway Bombers (4-1) vs Circus Show (1-4): Two tough football games for Circus Saturday... Beltway Bombers (-12)

No Response (0-5) vs The Express (0-6): The epic battle of the winless SEC teams... Now I am just hoping/wishing here but we could have one win at this point. There is nothing to say here.. The Express has given up 5 more points than No Response but have played one more game... Points scored? 131 for NR and 111 for Express. (EVEN)

Hit Men (4-1) vs Warriors (1-4): Well the Warriors have two tough games on Saturday too. Hit Men have one hell of an offense.. Hit Men (-12)

GO BACK TO HIGHTOPPS FOR SOME BEER AND FOOD.

4 comments:

  1. Able Danger getting no love in the Championship poll lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to put all the top teams up there but got tired. I know you guys are the reigning semi-pro champs but all of the Big 8 teams have a tough hill to climb. I think the WTF!, Able, Hit Men and Beltway can all run with and beat the lower 4 of the SEC... the top four however have been at it for years.. together. They are good. Good luck this weekend and see you in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I was just playing with you, we know the difficulty of the future, you gonna be at the field this Saturday with the samples?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be there..I play at 9:15 and 11:45.. either catch me early or right before your my game or yours

    ReplyDelete