Friday, March 4, 2011

MDSSC: Winter Flag Football - Championship Weekend!

Well last weekend was almost predictable...A few teams let me down, including my own (me being one of the main culprits). The surprises you ask? Well the Victors droppin Miller Light like it's Gatorade and beating RDP after RDP beat All Madden. Speaking of surprises...All Madden lost to my sleeper only for my sleeper to lose to the Victors. In other leagues... Hit Squad made it to the 'ship!! Now, can Brady be reigned in on Friday night before the big game? Habitual knocked off the Bombers but not sure if that is news... the Bombers tend to screw something up come playoff time. in Semi-Pro it's #1 vs #2 so no surprise there.


BREAKING NEWS: Most of you know but I took a job that is taking me to Ohio. Therefore I won't be around this next season or likely any after. I am willing to do a couple things. I will attempt to keep this thing going as long as the coaches agree to email/text me their scores and a little write-up for their game. Or I can allow someone to be a guest poster. Either way, I would like to try remain involved. If It's up to you league. On to my predictions:


8:30am
Karma vs Rusty Trombone: These two went at it earlier this season. I will let you figure out who won that game. Here's my take... Rusty is big. They have some size to them. Karma is organized. They have maybe 25 dudes on their roster, or so it seems. Karma is quick and Rusty is efficient. This game is going to come down to who has the ball last, in my opinion. Motivation Jason? (Rusty -4)


9:45am
Hit Squad vs Habitual Linesteppers: This should be another good game. Hit Squad held on to beat Hitmen while Habitual steamrolled the Bombers. Hit Squad definitely has the talent to finally win this thing and move up to All Pro. Habitual isn't a slouch though and this game should come down to defense and turnovers. If Brady takes what he is given they might win this one easy but I wouldn't sleep on Zack and Fast Eddie... (Hit Squad -2)






11:00am
Victors vs Untouchables: This might be one of the better weekends in MDSSC in a while. You have the Untouchables yet again undefeated and rolling into the championship. You also have a crew in the Victors that has tossed care and concern out the window and are out there just ballin and having fun. That could prove to be a dangerous combination. I'm going to go out on a limb (a sturdy one) and pick the Victors to win it all and put a legitimate championship on the books (You're welcome Dave L.). Untouchables always seem to be an underdog even though they are the best team on the field. They may even prove me wrong this time. Nick has proven to be one of the best leaders in our league but I will just go with my gut and pick the Miller Light Victors and their QB seen here: (Victors -1)



MAC

1 comment: