Sunday, August 15, 2010

MDSSC - Summer Flag Football - Champions Crowned

The summer is over and the Champs have been crowned. Besides the Pro championship game, there was some pretty sloppy football out there this weekend. I counted at least 8 interceptions in the All-Pro championship  football game and I know there was at least two in the Pro game. All-in-all...a great season by all teams. Let's get right down to it shall we? 

Let's start with the Pro Championship Football game... It was Shire vs TTB in a heated rematch. This game lived up to expectations. TTB was down two scores before fighting their way back into it. It was a fantastic game that was played well. It came down to a 4th and long that Shire had to convert to have a chance. Clyde slung it to Peazy right across the 1st down line only to be knocked away at the last possible second. TTB won by 2 and are crowned the Pro champs. Now, I heard that Shire moved up to All-Pro... is TTB finally going to grace us with their presence? 

In the Semi-pro championship started off rocky for one team and that was Balls Deep. Crabcakes came out on fire jumping up to a 34-0 lead by halftime. I don't know the final score but I know that the Crabcakes won by 13. Tough game for my boy John but Congrats to the resilient Crabcakes! After losing to Balls Deep pretty handily two weeks ago they came out and won it all. 

Now for All-Pro... 

Unfortunately, I missed the early games but was filled in on some of the details. 

Untouchables vs Fuzion - Based on what I heard, Fuzion was kind of short handed, but regardless of that fact, Untouchables only had 8 as well. Their 8 was just better. They won this game kind of easy 33-13 or something like that. 

All Express vs CCC - Okay All Express, I bought into the hype and picked you to win it all. Guess from now on, I will stick to my head and not my gut when it comes to picking games. The same thing happened to me with Shire. I heard this game was kind of crazy. I heard that even though All Express only lost by 6 points or so, that BC threw at least 4 picks.. That won't cut it in the semi's... CCC made it to the Flag Football Championship... I guess the Southpaw was ready to play. 

ALL-PRO CHAMPIONSHIP: 
Untouchables vs CCC - I don't know what to call this game... maybe a defensive battle? A sloppy performance by both QB's? or just a tough football game? Either way, even though there wasn't a lot of scoring it was a great game. Both QB's traded interceptions for most of the first half leading to a 12-6 or 12-12 halftime. Let's just get down to the end of the game. Untouchables was up by 7 points with a little over two minutes to go and it came down to a 3rd or 4th and goal... CCC scored with a bullet to the back of the end zone. (1:48 to go) CCC goes for the tie with the blitz open. They toss it back to a WR who had no one to throw to... 1pt game. With 1:48 to go all Untouchables has to do is get a first down and it's over... CCC had a different plan. They stopped Untouchables with about :47 to go and forced a punt. CCC has one last shot.... one short pass and three incomplete passes later, Untouchables are crowned the champs for the third time in three seasons... and that other season they were in the championship game as well. Congrats to Nick and Aaron and the rest of the Untouchables on another championship win!! 


Nick denies the tie... Untouchables win! 
Lastly, Fall league starts on September 11th.... Have a nice break gentlemen. And I will see you in the fall! 

#32

2 comments:

  1. Jamin Mears TTB #88Sunday, August 15, 2010

    TTB has yet to post anything but now after this write up we felt the need to say something. Here it is.

    How about a little more love for TTB? I don't think you picked us to win one game this season. Now that we win the Pro championship all I've heard is how we aren't the real deal unless we move up. Sounds to me like somebody is a little scared of TTB. See you next season. In All-Pro. :)

    By the way I'd have lost my butt if I'd have bet your lines. Little more faith in the blue and orange next season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamin!

    I appreciate the feed back. A little more love for TTB you ask? Well, congrats on the 'Ship! It was a heck of a game to watch. What else do you want from me? I said in my last post that in my head you guys were the favorite but I also knew that Shire had the speed to match you. Here's my word to you...you step up to All Pro and play teams like the Untouchables, Victors and All Madden instead of Spartans, Menace, Go4Broke and BullDawgs...and are able to win a few. Then you will get some more love. But just so you know TTB, Shire and Hit Squad were my favorites in Pro all season.

    By the way, I would have lost my butt if I took bets, considering I was wrong about your game, wrong about All Express/CCC and many more this season.

    Great Season TTB and the rest of the teams in all divisions. Looking forward to the Fall!

    ReplyDelete