Saturday, July 24, 2010

MDSSC Summer Flag Football - Week 6

No one wins....it is supposed to be 102 with a heat index of 115...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8


Update, It was way too hot to care what the scores of the other games were. Sorry about  not posting last week. I had a busy week and unfortunately didn't have the time to do it before Friday. I will tell you that the Untouchables were able to beat the Victors pretty easily. I will say this though... I wish the game would have been rescheduled. The Victors were missing all of their offensive players due to a 9 man contact tourney in AC. At the same time, I won't slight the Untouchables they have won two titles and are looking good again this season. And because they should be on the opposite side of the bracket from the Victors it would be nice to see a rematch later on this year. Other than that there was some good games by a couple of other teams but everyone couldn't wait to get off the field. Frankly, I am surprised that every team showed up... even Mayhem and All Express were able to play their game without Skip and Vito due to some conflicting stories.. Mayhem won that game. 

Lastly, I will say this. I had the privilege to witness (ref) one of the best games of the year. It was Roger and the Hitmen versus Mac and the Shire. Unfortunately, it got a little chippy in the 2nd half... it was either the heat or the Shire close to collapsing due to the Hitmen owning them and storming back into the game from two scores down. However, the Shire was able to compose themselves enough to make one last drive with a minute to go and being down by 6. In one of the best plays I have seen in a while...Shire was able to get a huge chunk of yardage to get within 15 of the end-zone. It was here were everything would come down to defense or offense. Unfortunately, for Hitmen, they weren't able to stop the TD but had a chance with no time left to stop the conversion and force OT. This didn't happen and Shire won it by a point to narrowly escape defeat and stay undefeated. 

Again, hats off to these two teams for playing until the end and trying to keep their heads on even with the "heat" getting to them. Based on everything, it looks like they should be headed to a rematch in the first round of the playoffs. Should be exciting. 

More to come this week.... 

#32

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes good teams go through some tough games where we had to pull one out at the last minute. Because we defintely almost gave Hitmen a win. it was a good game

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you missed the epic 6-0 Bayside Tigers win over Valley ... err .. the Warriors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Game Hitmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roger (Hitmen)Monday, July 26, 2010

    Thanks guys, yea it was definitely a fun game. You guys are def my favorite team to play. I think its always fun playing you guys bc our teams are so much alike. A lot of ego, a lot of talking = good, fun games. I think since the beating you guys gave us last season theres been a mutual respect now and that makes it way more fun, bc all the shit talkings gonna still be there, but its all in good fun now. I'm pumped for the playoff rematch. I give you guys a lot of credit, after we scored I thought it was over. i thought we had all the momentum, but that 2nd play with the lateral on the sideline was huge. and ive seen u guys play so many times this season, i knew it was coming and i kept telling my guys to press on that side. goodluck vs TTB this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my whole team was in AC for the tourney but we still played it out with 8 random guys that I got from other teams. We started with 8 and after half time we were down to 5. I would say since our game was at 12pm at hottest part of the day it was brutal going both ways. I am also the idiot that volunteered to play for Menace the game before mine. Bad Idea in 115 heat index. I got my whole team back and poised to play the Untouchables this upcoming weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuzion beat LBH. LBH was missing their regular QB, but Fuzion was down a man

    ReplyDelete