Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Flag Football Season is Back!!!



First and foremost..shout out to the teams that have new jerseys from AGame! Thank you Beltway Bombers, Spartans, Danger, Jacked Up (week 3)!


Call out to Hit Squad, Hit Men and WTF... you know you want to order these jerseys soon..



MDSSC - Hunt Valley Winter Flag Football kicked off with a BANG in week 1. What couldn't be better than starting the flag football season with a snow filled Saturday?


There are 42 flag football teams this season.. that's right 42! I am going to be honest with you guys. There is no way that I can stay up to date on 42 teams... I can tell you for damn sure I won't be hanging out from 9-4 either.. Not unless someone wants to pay. (insert smiley face or Lol) I will gladly accept guest writers from Pro or Semi-Pro. Just email me (flagfootballmd@yahoo.com) if you would like me to post something. With that being said, I will do my best to post every Thursday during the season with a write up on All-Pro.


Let's recap on last week...


All Madden kicked off the first All Pro game of the season in a classic battle versus Revolution. Thanks to yours truly, Revolution was spotted 6 points on a dropped pass/interception for a first play touchdown for the Revolution defense. In my defense, I thought our defense could use a little spark... it worked! We successfully stopped them on their next three drives. It was a sloppy game all around with All Madden holding on 20-18 after a successful 2pt conversion stop late in the game.

Fuzion jumped out on Mayhem and lead 12-8 at halftime. I heard Scott started the game rusty with two picks. Mayhem turned it around though and shut Fuzion down in the 2nd half for a 21-12 win. 


Untouchables put 49 up on Jumpoff... I don't even know how that is possible in that weather. I think what you have here though is a team that just marched through the playoffs in the fall and won the championship and a team that hasn't played in a couple months. 


Money beat the Black Panthers 25-6... the Panthers are a brand new team to the league and Money is chock full of veterans...This one will likely always go to the old guys. 


Rematch from the fall flag football Semi-finals pitted Able Danger against Pain... Pain won back in the fall in the final seconds that gave Danger a bad taste for the last couple of weeks. Danger redeemed themselves on Saturday and won 28-20.


Finally, you had the Victors in a rematch from a previous championship game (I want to say last winter but I can't remember.) against LBH2... LBH2 won that championship game and they won this one too. It was a somewhat high scoring affair resulting in a 32-26 win for LBH2. Like Mike said on the AP poll...this just takes the undefeated pressure off. You can never count the Victors out. With that said LBH2 is right back into it this season.


There are 8 All-Pro Flag Football games this weekend.. That is a lot of games. I will try to pick a few games each week to highlight (starting next week) For now, here are my spreads/predictions:

8am: LBH2 (1-0) vs Untouchables (1-0): LBH2 -4
9:15am: Mayhem (1-0) vs Black Panthers (0-1): Mayhem -12
10:30am: All Madden (1-0) vs Showtime (1-0): All Madden -6
11:45am: Victors (0-1) vs Fuzion (0-1): Victors -2
1pm: Com'on Man (0-1) vs Money (1-0): Money -7
1pm: Danger (1-0) vs Rezurrection (0-0): Toss Up (I haven't seen Rezurrection play in a while)
2:15pm: Pain (0-1) vs Jumpoff (0-1): Pain -4
3:30pm: Jacked Up (0-0) vs Revolution (0-1): Tough call (I haven't seen Bordner with his normal squad yet)


Notes from the other divisions last week... Hit Squad dropped 60 on a new team... 60! They might have to think about a move up to All Pro in the Spring or Summer... Beltway looked fresh in their new AGame jerseys breaking Broke 40-12... They were missing some key guys too. The Spartans looked like a new team (with awesome AGame jerseys) against Circus (Elijah?) but I can tell they have some great athletes... stop droppin INT's 42! just messin man...but seriously.


Best Team Name of the Year is a tie: Closet Flags and Each Hit & Die... Awesome guys!


See you guys at the fields... and as always I encourage trash talk and comments but not criticism. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment